02 August 2011

Northern Soul night


Photobucket
Photobucket
(Emoda shoes & tights / Momo dress / h&m cardi / Zara bag)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday night me and my bf went to this Northern Soul night, called crossfire, in the 229 club. I dressed accordingly to 1960's mod scene, taking inspiration from Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick. It was such a fun and nice experience. I am not much for this kind of music, but my bf is a DJ and he loves Northern Soul. Everyone in the place was dressed amazingly, it felt like we got back in time, seriously. Northern Soul dancers are amazing, let me tell you! I know the basic steps and danced a bit, but almost everyone else was so good that I felt quite embarrassed, haha. My bf had a great time, danced a lot and was sweating like mad, lol. If you never heard about northern soul dancing, just search on youtube, it is quite amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment