02 July 2011

our double date @ Busaba

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket
(vintage cardigan & shirt / topshop suede skirt / emoda shoes / japanese socks)

Thursday was really exhausting and stressing, it really tested my self control and managing skills, and after work I just felt like curling up in a corner and cry... Yesterday I was off and pretty much dead tired. My skin looked horrible too, as a result. I had planned to stay the entire day at home doing nothing, maybe blog a little bit and watch a bunch of films, just to recharge my energies. Well, so much for that. In the afternoon my bf texted me about this new thai restaurant opening in Covent Garden with free food, we only had to pay our drinks. Apparently one of his friends did some kind of design for the restaurant and he offered my bf to go there for free food. I resisted at first, because I was practically walking with the dead. But after finding so many excuses to not to go, I thought I was being silly and I decided to go just to make my bf happy (warning him that I wasn't in a good mood, I think my period is coming next week...).

So I showered, got ready, was really unsastified by the looks of skin, even after trying to hide everything with makeup. Decided to try out my new suede skirt that I bought on sale at Topshop. Got myself a hug and got brave enough to go outside. On my way to meet my bf, somehow, actually only God might know how, a damn bird shit on new skirt!! yes, on my new SUEDE skirt! T_T it totally wasn't my day. I tried to clean it up with a tissue, praying that I didn't have any shit sticking on my hair too, and that if I did, hoped that no one would notice. After five minutes the thing dried and wasn't noticeable, but it ruined all that was left of my self confidence...

When we got to Covent Garden and met our friends, finally we deciced to ask my bf what was the name of the restaurant, lol. He said Busaba. And we were like "really?!?". Unknown to my bf was the fact that Busaba is a really popular thai restaurant in London and always has queues to get a table. Soon me and the others started to be suspicious of the offer and if we could really get a free dinner. We got to the restaurant, which was full, and explained we were friends of this guy who did some design stuff and bla bla bla. And yeah, we got a table. Finally the waiter came to take our order and answered our doubts. This was a pre-opening party for VIP's and whatever, the restaurant would oficially only open to public the following day, so we could order as much as we wanted and all we had to pay was our drinks! Yay! And so we did, haha. We odered loads and finished everything, no wasted food! :) The most delicious thing was the Rib Eye steak with a sauce that I forget the name, it was divine! We order it twice, but apparently the waiter forgot to order the second one, so we were waiting and waiting 'till a waitress came ask us if we had finished, and we were like "uh, we're still waiting for the steak...". Then the steak finally came and it was delicious. After eating we asked for the bill. The bill came and we were waiting to pay when another beef, the 3rd one, came as the restaurant's apology for the delay before. Wow! that's what I call service! We were so full, but of course we finished it! haha

In the end, I am happy I got out of the house, even if my new skirt got dirty, because it was really a nice dinner! And it cost us less than £10 each! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment