14 January 2015

「群青」長澤まさみ Cobalt Blue

shot0051

shot0056

shot0060

shot0074

shot0081

shot0083

shot0086

shot0092

Today I re-watched Cobalt Blue. What a beautiful film. It did strike me the first time I watched it and recently it came back to my mind. I put off watching it for a week for one reason or the other, daily life got in the way, but finally today I could not avoid it any longer. The shots of the island in Okinawa are so peaceful I couldn’t help myself from making some screencaps. I wish I had the Blu-ray version, must be breath taking. 

A sad teen love triangle, with a story that started 20 years earlier. Love, loss and heartbreak are a few of the themes this film touches. Set with a slow pace, it was a pleasure to watch, like a field of flowers softly dancing with the summer breeze.

I look forward to watch Starlit High Noon which is from the same director and cinematographer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment