07 January 2015

Wood Job! (長澤まさみ)

shot0003
shot0005
shot0012
shot0017
shot0018
shot0023
shot0031
shot0036
shot0046
Wood Job, what a film! It is so beautifully filmed I just had to make some screencaps myself, I got the Blu-ray, so the quality is brilliant! I mainly watched this because  of Masami Nagasawa, without any expectations whatsoever, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is such a heart warming story, with a few funny parts. It is the story of a high school graduate who didn’t make it to uni and, following a touch of “fate”, ends up going for a forestry course far away from Tokyo. A city boy finds the usual hardships in adapting to the country side life, but it slowly grows in him.  This is not a love story, although there is one in the film. It is more about the good things that come with a simple hardworking life in a place where you can’t get a mobile connection, where there are no bus stops and not even supermarkets. I highly recommend it, if only for the beautiful visuals of the forest! And if you think the title sounds like a pun, wait until the end of the film, haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment